Alternative Chicken Phall (hotter!)
4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 large onion, finely chopped (or minced in food processor)
8 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or equivalent garlic paste)
1 ounce fresh ginger, finely chopped (1 tsp ginger paste)
3 tbsp oil
400g tin chopped tomatoes (also minced in food processor if desired)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp tomato puree
Up to 12 (12!) dried or fresh chillies (reduce if necessary)
- Fry the meat in a pan in half oil, until sealed (5 to 10 minutes). Set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until golden in remaining ghee or oil.
- Mix the spices with a little water to make a paste.
- Add to the onion mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato (tinned, ketchup and puree) and chilies.
- Simmer in a covered saucepan for 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender